WHAT IS THE BATTLE OF THE BREWERIES?
The Battle of the Breweries is a draft style hockey tournament for players of the Tulsa Adult Hockey League. Each team will be sponsored by a brewery and represent them on the ice.
Bring your family and friends to cheer you on! Sponsoring breweries will set up shop at the Oilers Ice Center during the tournament.
HOW IT WORKS
There will be a total of four teams. Registration will be limited to the first 4 goalies and 60 skaters. Tulsa Adult Hockey League players from all skill levels are welcome to play. Each round of the draft will have 4 players to choose from who have been grouped together by skill level. For example, a round of only yellow ranked players or only green ranked players. That way everyone gets a ringer and everyone gets a rookie.
The draft will be on ice and start with the four goalies. The goalies will compete in a quick skills challenge (60-90 second game). The results of that game will determine who picks first, second, third, and fourth. Goalies will then choose which brewery they represent as well as players from the first round of four available players. Those four players will then compete in the same quick skills challenge to determine the order of picks for the next round and so on.
Teams will have between 10 and 15 skaters and a goalie. Each team will play three games and then compete in one round of playoffs to decide which championship game they will play in. The two top teams will compete for the gold championship, and the other two teams will compete for the silver championship.
The draft will be held on the evening of Thursday June 9th. Games will begin Saturday June 11th in the afternoon. Playoffs and championships will be on Sunday the 12th in the afternoon.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR THE PLAYERS?
- Guaranteed 5 games (3 “Regular Season”, 1 Playoff, 1 Championship)
- Team Jersey of a sponsoring brewery
- Matching socks compliments of Bemies Dirt, Sand, & Gravel
- Tournament swag
- The chance to be a part of something new and unique for Tulsa adult hockey
- Team MVP award courtesy of Custom Team Pro Shop
- For players 21 years old and older, a couple of rounds of beers courtesy of Saylor Trucking and Dead Armadillo Craft Brewing
The fee is $150 per player.
Fees are not refundable, but can be transferred to another player.
Once registered, players will receive an invoice by e-mail for payment. Registration will be limited to the first 4 goalies and 60 skaters. The goal is to make the teams as even as possible. Special action may be taken to balance teams.
The rules will be the same as they are in the Tulsa Adult Hockey League with a few exceptions.
- Games will consist of 15-minute periods. It seems short, but 5 games in 24 hours is a lot of hockey.
- Saturday games that end in a tie at the end of three periods will remain a tie. Tie breakers will be by points, wins, goal differential, and goals for. Play off games will go to a shoot out. Championship games will have a 5 minute sudden death then shoot out. Shootouts will start with 3 players. All players must have a chance to shoot before recycling a player.
- Any fight will result in an ejection from the tournament. Let’s foster the camaraderie that the Tulsa hockey community offers while keeping a competitive spirit.
- To keep teams evenly skilled as possible, special consideration may be taken during registration or while forming teams.
- The tournament organizers and referees will have final say so on how to handle any unforeseen circumstances. This includes any incidents that may occur off ice.
- Safety is priority. Drink and play responsibly.